Junior Applications Chemist
Junior Applications Chemist - Polymer Chemistry
Primary DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support lab projects including evaluation of new products, formulation assistance to customers, trouble shooting problems with customer applications, evaluation of raw material additives and knowledge of industry test methods.
- Assist Senior chemists with routine lab work.
- Work effectively with in-house testing equipment and perform physical and chemical tests of aqueous emulsions and urethane dispersions.
- Effectively communicate project work, including data analysis/interpretation, lab reports and oral presentations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and support (HSE) Health, Safety and Environmental programs.
- Provide support to Sales team and assist with interpreting customer needs, samples, test methods, product recommendations, etc. Also assist with customer complaints and other technical issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science required; 2-3 years of coatings formulation experience with waterborne resins preferred.
- Over two years experience in Polymer Chemistry and/or Acrylic emulsions or Polyurethane dispersions.
Interested candidates should respond to: ABIHR@alberdingkusa.com