Location: Nashville, TN
Status: Full Time
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative, clerical and technical support to the Executive Services Department. The Administrative Assistant will also provide support to other departments as directed by the Executive Office Manager (EOM).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Produce reports, correspondence and documents including but not limited to:
a. Prepare Purchase Orders every Monday for payment of rounding physicians’ weekend coverage at inpatient units, association membership fees and Tennessee professional privilege tax fees for physicians and other miscellaneous expenses.
b. Track performance evaluation due dates for Executives’ direct reports and gather all necessary documentations (from intranet and Healthstream) as directed by the EOM.
c. Update contact information for full-time physicians and rounding physicians in scheduling software.
a. Assist Chief Medical Officer (CMO)/Sr. Medical Director with On Call schedules for physicians, and weekend rounding physicians. b. Assist Sr. Director of Advance Practice Providers & Palliative Care with NP schedules for Palliative Care program.
c. Schedule medical students to round at inpatient units and/or ridealongs with home care staff.
d. Maintains the schedule of the CMO and support other Executives as directed by the EOM.
e. Book meeting rooms on agency’s outlook calendar as needed.
f. Set up meeting rooms.
g. Place catering/food orders for meetings as needed.
3. Develop meeting agenda, take minutes and track action items for the following meetings:
a. Medical Services Department.
b. Internal Ethics Committee
c. Pharmacy & Therapeutics Team Meeting
d. Other meetings may be assigned
4. Assist Medical Services Department with any other tasks
5. Serve as back up for the Health Information Management Coordinator in her absence and process death certificates.
1. Receive and record/file all gift documents and copies of daily deposits, including credit card donations.
2. Under the supervision of the Annual Giving Manager, responsible for the daily, monthly and annual “tie out” of donations with the Finance Department.
3. Prepare and fulfill all acknowledgments for all donations including year-end letters (with volunteer support).
4. Maintain files relating to donors, donor prospects, receipts and acknowledgements.
5. Maintain consistency in methods of reporting:
a. Track activities in Raiser's Edge
b. Produce documents in MS Word and Excel
6. Develop and maintain strong familiarity with agency programs and services.
7. Maintain mailing lists and perform database maintenance in Raiser's Edge.
8. Assist with special events and projects of the Community Development Department.
9. Oversee the work of any volunteer(s) assigned to assist with any of the above tasks.
10. Responsible for daily mail run.
1. Front desk coverage as needed.
2. Serve as back up for the EOM in her absence.
3. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and minimum of 4 year's related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite is required
The agency requires this position to complete 6 hours of continuing education per year covering topics that will contribute to improvements in carrying out the above responsibilities. Regulatory agencies may require some disciplines to have additional hours in order to be licensed or certified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, including meeting the required competencies. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Experience in public relations. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong word processing skills.
Communication and Relationship Skills: Exemplifies high level of written oral and listening communication skills, always respecting patient confidentiality.
Agency Policy and Philosophy: Communicates and supports agency mission and values in all professional interactions.
Continuing Education: Seeks to improve knowledge and skills relative to performance of job and personal growth.
Quality and Performance Improvement: Participates in new and continuing programs designed to monitor and improve quality and performance relevant to the mission and philosophy of Alive Hospice, Inc.
Teamwork: Functions consistently and collaboratively as an integral part of the multiple teams
(committees, etc.) bringing experience and education to contribute to optimal team functions and outcomes.
Ethics: Demonstrates a high level of work, personal and professional ethics.