AXALTA COATING SYSTEMS
2ND SHIFT MAINTENANCE (Monday – Friday) 2 PM – 10:30 PM + OVERTIME AS REQUIRED
BENEFITS EFFECTIVE: DAY 1
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs a variety of routine and supportive work maintaining buildings, facility equipment, and grounds work as needed. Responsibilities include performing basic or standard maintenance and provide related support.
Performs general maintenance activities on plant equipment. Have a high skill set, mechanically, electrically, and pneumatically. Must be familiar with scales and calibrations. PLC knowledge is a plus. A working knowledge of intrinsically safe, explosion proof and Class 1 division 1 environments. Be responsible for repairs on automated fill equipment and packaging systems for (quarts, gallon and five-gallon containers) in manufacturing.
• Mechanical aptitude needed on corrective actions and preventative plant maintenance. This includes working on tank mixing equipment, high speed dispersers, air diaphragm pumps, various gear pumps, boiler, and air compressor maintenance. Assists with grounds work as needed.
• Follows health and safety policies and procedures and assists with maintaining an overall clean and safe environment.
• Completes a variety of documents, logs detailing daily activities, and enters data in the Maintenance Connect application.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Complete documents for safe work processes on LOTO, hot work, line breaking and confined space permits.
• Provide strong maintenance support to the Distribution Fill department.
• High school graduate or equivalent education (GED) and experience
• Electrical experience strongly preferred
• Cleaning and maintaining motor control rooms and equipment
• Ability to follow instructions
• Following health and safety principles and practices
• PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applicable applications
• Communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction.
• May be subject to moderate duration and levels and of dust, fumes, chemicals, electrical currents, fluids, extreme temperatures, and other environmental factors in day-to-day operations
• Frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
• Basic preventative maintenance, and other routine or standard building and equipment
• Maintenance. Knowledge with forklift repair and HVAC.
• Must be able to successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) to drive
• Must be able to work overtime as required.