OTR Drivers Needed
New Pay Package! Great Benefits, Up-to-Date Equipment
Job Title: TRUCK DRIVER
Reports To: Transportation Manager
Job Summary: To safely transport and deliver freight by driving diesel powered tractor-trailer combinations long distances.
• Hook and unhook trailers from the tractor using the cranking lever to raise and lower landing gear on semi-trailers
• As required, load and unload trailers, either individually or with assistance of dock workers, with or without mechanical freight handling equipment.
• Inspect the truck for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips and submit a written report on the condition of the truck at the end of each trip or tour of duty as required by Federal Regulation.
• Install and remove tire chains as required by State law or dictated by weather conditions.
• Operate vehicle in accordance with all company and Federal Regulations.
• Ensure all shipping documentation (manifest, security seals, bills of lading, shipping orders, freight bills, etc.) required to move with shipments are available for inspection and to ensure appropriate paperwork accompanies a shipment when deliveries are made.
• Maintain records, as required, to comply with State and Federal Regulations and company policy, including drivers' logs, fuel purchases, mileage records, etc.
• Perform all duties in accordance with company policies, procedures and regulatory interpretations, and comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations for safe operations of a commercial motor vehicle.
• Report all accidents involving driver or company equipment immediately.
• Be available for around the clock trips to accommodate freight movements and must be able to be away from home for extended periods of time.
• Meet or exceed the medical standards of the U.S. Department of Transportation.
• Must pass the company pre-employment physical and associated drug test.
• Be able to sit and remain alert while driving for an aggregate period of up to eleven (11) hours.
• Be able to shift a manual transmission and operate foot pedals.
• Must be able to perform all physical required elements of the job, including sitting for extended periods of time while driving, entering and exiting the vehicle multiple times per day, lifting, carrying, stacking boxes of product and moving pallets of material as required.
Your employment with Brakebush Transportation, Inc. is entered into voluntarily and you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Similarly, Brakebush Transportation, Inc. is free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY & AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
Brakebush Transportation supports and complies with equal opportunity in employment practices. This policy states the Company's position regarding equal employment opportunity and affirmative action.
1. Brakebush Transportation, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in our hiring, training, or promotion policies. We will not discriminate against job applicants or employees for reasons of race, religion, color, sex, handicap, age, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by law.