Teacher - Career Fair
Teacher - Career Fair 2020
Saturday, March 14th, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Institute for Advanced Learning and Research
150 Slayton Avenue, Danville, VA 24540
For more information, please contact Marvellous Reeves at 434-799-6400
Register by March 9, 2020
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Danville Public Schools. Danville Public Schools offers a collaborative work environment that encourages personal and professional growth of its employees. Our mission is to recruit, develop, and retain outstanding employees who are committed to performance excellence.
• Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
• Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
• Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
• Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
• Participate in ongoing training sessions.
• Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
• Maintain grade books.
• Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
• Write grant proposals to gain funding for further research.
• Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
• Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
• Create lesson plans.
• Utilize various curriculum resources.
• Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
• Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
• Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
• Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
• Utilize public library resources.
• Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
• Tutor students on an individual basis.
• Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
• Prepare and distribute required reports.
• Observe and evaluate student's performance.
• Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures
Danville Public Schools is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.