Deputy Sheriffs and Detention Services Officers
Guilford County Sheriff's Office Recruitment Event
Hiring Deputy Sheriffs and Detention Services Officers
When: September 09, 2021
Where: National Guard Armory,110 Franklin Boulevard, Greensboro, NC 27401
***New lateral pay incentives***
In-person recruitment event with Deputy Sheriffs, Detention Service Officers, Dive Team, DWI Task Force, K-9, Special Enforcement Team and other GCSO Personnel represented.
Detention Services Officer Employment Qualifications
- Citizen of the United States
- At least 21 at the time of application
- Resident of Guilford County or of an adjacent county, or be willing to relocate.
- Perform all of the essential job functions of an officer, unassisted, and at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
- Pass a drug screening and complete medical examination by a licensed physician, including psychological testing and evaluation.
- Pass a comprehensive background investigation by the Sheriff's Office, which includes fingerprints, a truth verification exam and a photograph.
- Be of good moral character and must have no serious criminal history which would prevent certification from the NC Sheriffs' Education & Training Standards Commission.
- Must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Deputy Sheriff Employment Qualifications
Must have all of the above qualifications in addition to:
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must possess, or be able to obtain, NC BLET Certification including passing the Police Officer Physical Abilities Test and a State Exam.
- Life Insurance
- 401 (k) Plan
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- State Retirement
- Paid Vacation
- Civil Leave(Jury Duty)
- Paid Sick Leave
- Military Leave
- Family & Medical Leave
- Educational Reimbursement
- School Parental Leave