Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) Terminal Manager
Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) Terminal Manager
The purpose of the Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) Terminal Manager position is to direct operational activities and continuously improve performance for the entire facility. The position is responsible for overseeing financials, productivity, product quality, human relations, safety, health and environmental aspects. This position monitors and ensures resources are stocked and available to maintain smooth operations of the terminal facility. The manager is responsible for supervising terminal employees and working alongside the terminal operators to ensure productivity of the facility.
• Performs duties consistent with company and regulatory mandates pertaining to working conditions and Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) requirements.
• Ensures that the facility follows safety and security procedures to comply with Musket's requirements and government regulations.
• Maintains and operates the facility in a cost-effective manner in accordance with planned sales and within the approved operational budget.
• Develops and implements operational policies and procedures that support on-going business practices.
• Communicate with leaders about ideas for improvement to help facility performance, reliability, and reduce operating costs.
• Develops long-term capital projects to improve facility infrastructure and systems.
• Coordinates with procurement team and logistics regarding inbound and outbound shipments.
• Oversees and maintains the Safety/Risk Management plans for the facility.
• Understands and complies with OSHA guidelines and company policies regarding personal protective equipment
• Ensure facility maintains relationships with local community and agencies.
• Understands business implications of decisions and strives to increase productivity and efficiency.
• Recruits and retains personnel to sustain operational viability.
• Interviews, hires, and trains the team and provides feedback/performance reviews
• Adapts to changes and unpredicted events in the work environment;
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Develops alternative solutions if necessary.
• Perform other duties assigned as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
o High school diploma or equivalent
o Associate's degree or degree from a technical school is preferred
o 2-5 years' experience in a manufacturing, warehouse, distribution, product care and storage, farming, regulatory compliance environment preferred
o Previous experience with operating a forklift
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
o Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents, general business periodicals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
o Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
o Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts and calculate figures and amounts such as fractions, proportions, percentages, ratios, volume, etc.
o Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
o Basic computer skills for accurate data entry and reporting.
o Effective written and verbal communication skills
o Exhibits strong organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving skills, time management, and planning skills
o Exhibits integrity and works well with others
o Meets deadlines
o Capable of multitasking and works well under pressure
• Typical Physical Demands:
o Must have a valid driver's license (driving record must meet company/insurance guidelines)
o Ability to work a rotating shift schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays, overtime and on-call shifts as dictated by business needs.
o Ability to push, pull, lift, and carry up to 50 pounds.
o Must be willing to work outside in inclement weather. Ability to work outdoors, indoors, and periodically in dusty environments. Must have the ability to operate a forklift.
o This position requires a normal range of hearing and vision (color, acuity, distance, and depth).
o Ability to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, and work in elevated areas of the terminal with or without accommodation.
o Willingness to support all Health, Safety, Security and Environmental policies, procedures and programs including random drug and alcohol testing.
o Must reside within 60 minutes of the facility or be willing to relocate without assistance.
o Must be comfortable with noise level while working (work environment is usually quiet in the office and moderate to loud in the terminal).
*This position is located in Greensboro, NC. We will offer relocation assistance.
Love's was founded in 1964 on the values of integrity, customer focus, strong work ethic, innovation and perseverance. We are looking for these in every person we hire. No matter what job you do for Love's, your commitment to these values will not only continue our legacy of growth, it will also ensure your successful career.
Love's is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.