Machine Operators, 1st & 2nd Shift
Metals USA is seeking experienced & proficient machine operators in Greensboro NC. Metals USA is a solid, growth oriented, carbon steel (plate, beam and tube) distribution center servicing the defense, commercial, construction, aerospace and fabrication industries.
• Sets up, operates the appropriate machine which cuts material to specified dimensions per work order instructions. Reads and understands prints, nests and work instructions and verifies heat numbers before performing work.
• Reads & interprets nests and diagrams to shear material to size and form per customer drawings.
• Chooses correct material for the job according to work order.
• Sets up and aligns specified material or other fixtures in machine using gauges, shims or hand tools.
• Chooses correct material for the job according to work order. Inspects material for thickness, length, width, heat number, grade specification and color code.
• Coordinates and executes material handling to be processed including operation of overhead crane, jib crane or forklift.
• Reviews CAD drawings, work orders, tooling instructions or other written specifications.
• Performs quality control inspections on finished product; for ISOcertification.
• Stacks, bands and palletizes finished products for shipment.
• Performs the duties of a warehouse worker to include operating a forklift & overhead crane.
• High School/Technical School Graduate with basic English reading & writing comprehension
• Basic arithmetic skills to calculate & convert decimals and fractions
• Basic measuring skills to read English & Metric systems and a tape measure, caliper or micrometer.
• Experience of operating an overhead crane, forklift, hand tools and common shop machinery
• Valid OSHA Forklift & Overhead Crane Certificates
Metals USA offers a competitive starting salary and benefits plus upward mobility professional growth.
EOE, Affirmative Action Employer/ M/F/D/V