Neurophysiology/EMG Technician- PRN
North Mississippi Medical Center Tupelo, MS Full-time Mechanic/Technician
Posted on February 1, 2022
- This position will function in their primary job responsibilities when not acting as chief tech.
- This position coordinates the activities of the Sleep Disorders Center to provide quality service in clinical and non clinical areas.
- Evaluates customer service and satisfaction.
- Make adjustments necessary to balance the available staff to the services expected.
- Assures staff competency and proficiency.
- Keeps abreast of current regulatory guidelines and assures compliance (JCAHO, OSHA, etc).
- This position maintains a high level of proficiency in all essential functions.
- Must be a Registered Respiratory Therapist / RPSGT with two years experience.
- The incumbent must maintain a valid and current RRT / RPSGT License.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skill necessary to care for a wide range of patients, including adolescents, adult, and geriatrics.
- Must keep abreast of all Sleep Center Policies and Procedures and assure staff compliance.
- Must have documented competency to work in the Sleep Disorders Center.
- Must have completed in Depth hospital orientation. Must also meet all annual competency requirements.
- CPR required, ACLS desired.
- Acts as a point of contact for issues pertaining to sleep testing and diagnostic studies.
- Continuously monitors patient activity and maintains quality records through recognition and correction of artifactual data, while remaining vigilant of patient safety and comfort.
- Scores records according to AASM guidelines