Respiratory Therapy Supervisor FT Days West point
North Mississippi Medical Center West Point, MS Full-time Health Care Provider
Posted on December 11, 2021
Direct Patient Care:
- In addition to any/all supervisory responsibilities/accountabilities described herein, this position provides direct patient care and serves as the primary respiratory care provider for his/her shift.
- Coordinates the activities of the Respiratory Care Department to provide quality service in clinical and non-clinical areas.
- Performs/reviews quality controls and equipment maintenance.
- Implements and coordinates compliance with departmental policies/procedures.
- Oversees chart reviews/auditing and daily revenue analysis.
- Evaluates customer service and satisfaction.
- Recommends and implements action plans for improved outcomes and implements service recovery.
- Make adjustment necessary to balance the available staff to the comprehensive services expected of the Respiratory Care Department.
- Provides input in preparing and submitting budget requests.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance.
- Assures staff competency and proficiency.
- Evaluates and provides coaching to employees within scope of responsibility. This includes the EXCEL process with all respiratory personnel.
- Keeps abreast of current regulatory guidelines and assures compliance. (Respiratory Care Practitioner State Licensure, JCAHO, OSHA, etc.).
- Maintains a high level of proficiency in all essential functions.
- Must be a Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Three years' experience, prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Must maintain a valid and current Mississippi Respiratory Care Practitioner License.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skill necessary to care for a wide range of patients, including; infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.
- Must keep abreast of all Respiratory Care Policies and Procedures and assure staff compliance.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of the Medical Center's Employee Guidelines (Performance evaluation, Wage & Salary Guidelines, Benefit Time Guidelines, Disciplinary Process, Etc.).
- New employees must complete In Depth hospital orientation, Respiratory Care departmental orientation and Supervisor Orientation, must also meet all annual competency requirements.
- Must possess good communication skills and serve as a role model, reflecting a positive and caring attitude toward patients, staff and the public we serve.