Vice President for Administrative Services
Randolph Community College
VICE PRESIDENT FOR ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
AUGUST 30, 2022
Salary to Commensurate with Education and Experience
INTERNALLY AND EXTERNALLY
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: The Vice President for Administrative Services reports to the President of the College and is the Chief Financial Officer of the College. This executive level leadership position is responsible for creating, assessing, and continuously improving the environment and systems necessary to facilitate learning, support customer service, and accomplish the work of the administrative services division in support of the College mission. The administrative services division includes finance, budgeting, purchasing, information systems, facilities and grounds, and auxiliary services.
• Bachelor's degree in a business-related field with a minimum five years of community college CFO experience OR Master's degree in a business-related field and minimum of five years of significant senior level financial/operational administrative leadership experience.
• Experience in planning, organizing, and administering administrative, business, budgets, and financial operations.
• Demonstrated ability to promote collaboration, teamwork, and involve all stakeholders in decision-making processes.
• Thorough knowledge of North Carolina General Statute 115D, North Carolina Board of Community College Code, and applicable state controller, state treasurer and state auditor policies and practices.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Advises the President of the College on matters related to finance, budget, information system, and physical plant issues.
• As CFO, oversees the preparation of the College's financial statements with knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and GASB (Government Accounting Standards Board) regulations.
• Serves as the College compliance officer for Community College General Statues and SBCC code.
• Maintains updated knowledge of applicable state and federal laws.
• Provides executive leadership for the preparation of the College's EAGLE program of internal auditing.
• Provides leadership and assures compliance on Federal EDGAR law and reporting.
• Provides executive leadership for the development, management, assessment, and quality improvement of the College's Administrative Services division.
• Provides executive leadership for the implementation and maintenance of the College's Master Facilities Plan.
• Advises and gives guidance in the maintenance of the College's Salary and Classification Plan.
• Develops and administers the annual College operating budget in collaboration with the senior leadership team.
• Provides leadership for and oversees operational planning and reporting for the Administrative Services division.
• Provides general oversight and capital projects coordination for all building programs including the planning and development thereof.
• Maintain updated knowledge and compliance of State Construction rules and regulations.
• Maintain updated knowledge and compliance of State Purchasing rules and regulations.
• Serves as Treasurer of the Randolph Community College Foundation, Inc. and as a voting member of the Foundation's Board of Directors.
• Serves as ex officio member of selected RCC Board of Trustees standing committees.
• Develops and administers the Administrative Services annual budget in collaboration with assigned staff.
• Establishes and maintains positive community relations that contribute to the College's ability to fulfill its mission.
• Evaluates assigned personnel, provides support for individual professional development and training of assigned personnel, and makes salary adjustment recommendations to the President.
• Recommends policies and procedures that improve customer service, operational efficiency, and enhance the ability of the College to realize its mission, strategic priorities and goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the President.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
• Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
• An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
• Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
• Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
• Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
• Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures. Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations.
• Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
Note: the following Items are requirements and duties set forth by the President of the College and are both standard and required on all Randolph Community College faculty and staff job descriptions. These items are not to be edited or revised in any way.
Human Resources Office
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205
336-633-7688 or 336-633-0256