A new high traffic salon in Gibsonville, NC is looking for a Natural Hair Stylist to complete our team! Do you have a passion to style and care for natural hair?
This position can be optional booth rental or commission based. New and experienced stylists are welcome to apply. The Hair Stylist's responsibilities include styling and caring for natural hair textures, consulting customers about styles when applying hair care products such as treatment oils and masks while considering customer's allergies. If you have experience with natural hair textures and want to make a difference in the lives of our valued customers, we'd like to meet you! Ultimately, you will ensure all customers leave our salon satisfied with our services and happy with their new styles.
• Welcome customers and identify their preferences by asking pointed questions
• Recommend hairstyles according to customers' face shapes, lifestyles and preferences based on the customer's request
• Wash, rinse and dry clients' hair using appropriate shampoos and conditioners (e.g. for oily hair or dry scalp)
• Make sure the equipment used is in great working condition
• Create amazing hairstyles for the area you specialize in (Locs, Sew-ins, Blow Outs, Natural Styles etc.)
• Apply hair treatment products, as needed (e.g. Deep conditioning treatments, hot oil and or steam treatments) to maintain the health of the client's hair
• Form bonds with loyal customers, practice customer retention and remember their hairstyle preferences and allergies
• Manage bookings and serve walk-ins when you are available
• Ensure tidiness of beauty stations and sterilize tools as needed
• Cross-sell hair care products or services, when appropriate
• To make sure the salon door is closed and locked upon leaving for the day
• Must be responsible and independent enough to work without constant supervision, and work well with others. (autonomous work place setting)
• Must be professional at all times.
• Work experience as a Natural Hair Stylist
• Hands-on experience with caring for textured hair.
• Familiarity with hair treatment products and services for natural hair.
• Up-to-date with industry trends.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Physical stamina to stand for long hours.
• Availability to work a flexible schedule at your own pace.
• Valid license from a natural hair school.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: Stylists are paid or pay according to their contract. (Commission, booth rental and booth rental with referrals - to help build clientele.)
• Employee discount on supplies and hair.
• Flexible schedule
• Professional development assistance
• Client Referral program
• Opportunity to grow your clientele and earn more money
• Tips & Commission (Based on contract)
Common surfaces are sanitized regularly, frequent hand washing and sanitizing for employees. Masks are required for everyone unless you are vaccinated. (Must show immunization card) If you have any COVID symptoms, clients are asked to reschedule.
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Gibsonville, NC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work
• Hair Stylists: 1 year (Preferred not required)
• Natural Hair Care Specialist License (Required)
Shift availability: (Flexible Schedule)
• Day Shift
• Night Shift
• Full Time
• Part Time
Work Location: One location - 107 Lewis Street, Downtown Gibsonville, NC (peaceful quiet town)