Residential Apartment Maintenance TechnicianTOWNHOMES AT WILLOW OAKS
Residential Apartment Maintenance Technician
The Ideal candidate has at least 2 years of basic knowledge and experience in residential property management maintenance & repair, plumbing, electrical, appliance, carpentry, and painting gained through formal education and/or on-the-job training. The Maintenance Technician reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complete service requests in a timely manner.
• Complete make-readies.
• Painting and shampooing of vacant units.
• Basic experience of general repair, maintenance, plumbing, electrical, drywall, appliance, carpentry, HVAC and painting for residential property management gained through formal education and on-the-job training. HVAC preferred.
• Maintain grounds.
• Deadline and detail-oriented
• Ability to handle physical workload
• Troubleshooting Service Requests
• Basic Knowledge of maintenance and repair tools
• "On call" periodically
• Equipment Maintenance
• Reliable Transportation - A must
• Able to frequently walk the property and report any liability problems immediately.
• 2+ years Residential Property Management Maintenance & Repair experience
• Communicate Effectively in person & in writing
• Ability to multiple task
High School diploma or equivalent. Two years' experience as a residential property management maintenance technician and at least Eighteen months of education, on the job training, or formal training beyond high school level in general apartment maintenance and repair, HVAC maintenance and repair experience or closely related experience to ensure the ability to recognize electrical, plumbing, and mechanical malfunctions or equipment failure.
Physical Demands/ Working Conditions/ Hazards
Light/heavy lifting, carrying materials, operating light/heavy equipment, moving of equipment. Ability to work in all types of weather. Occasional hazards with materials in the grounds trade, including chemicals. May be required to work overtime, work outside, travel, be on-call or be available for emergency situations including weekends (emergencies) and holidays. Ability to work with others and foster an environment of team work. Manual dexterity and coordination needed to operate hand and power tools and equipment. Must be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance. May be required to have a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
Edgewood prides itself on offering a competitive salary and extensive, market-competitive health and welfare benefits including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• Prescription Drug Program
• Paid Vacation & Holiday
• Paid Personal/ Sick Leave
• Company Paid Life Insurance
• Company Paid AD& D Insurance
• Company Paid Short- Term
• Company Paid Long-term Disability
• Supplemental Life Insurance
• Dependent Supplemental Life Insurance
• Educational Assistance
• Financial Planning
• Retirement Savings Plan with company matching
• Company outings and events
Edgewood Management Corporation is a growing company that is looking for talented professionals who want to be part of a strong team focused on providing superior management services to our residents and owners. If you share our desire to be the best for our residents and communities, then you belong with Edgewood.
Edgewood Management Corporation is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.